Here are some quick facts about St. John’s if you are a first time visitor:
- St. John’s is a Lutheran Church, and we are affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
- We could be considered casual, but this really just means people wear what they are comfortable in at church. Ties or t-shirts are welcome!
- Our worship is both contemporary and traditional following the Lutheran traditions. Messages are very biblical, yet relevant to 21st century life.
- Members’ ages range from infant to elderly.
- We offer full nursery, children’s programs, youth group, and adult small groups.
Traditional Worship: Sundays at 8:00 a.m.
Contemporary Worship: Sundays at 10:30 a.m. (Summer-9:30 a.m.)
Saturday Evening: 5:30 p.m.
Coffee n’ Conversation between Sunday services.
Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Summer Hours – Fridays, 9-Noon)
Our purposes are:
- Worship – love the Lord with all your heart.
- Ministry – love your neighbor as yourself.
- Evangelism – go and make disciples.
- Fellowship – baptizing them to belong, not just to believe.
- Discipleship – teaching them to obey.
The Great Commandment- You shall love the Lord your God with -all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind… You shall love your neighbor as yourself (Mt. 22:37-40)
The Great Commission
Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. (Mt. 28:19-20)
We, the congregation of St. John’s, through the Holy Spirit, build ownership, inspire support and commitment, and create enthusiasm in our God-given purposes: worship, ministry, evangelism, discipleship and fellowship.